Wedding Catering Melbourne
What could be a more important milestone in your life than your own wedding?
With over 20 years experience, The Cantys Cater understands that you want everything to be perfect on your special day. We aim to personalise your wedding catering to suit the most important people on the day: the Bride and Groom.
We will help create the style of wedding catering from buffet, banquet, sit-down, to stand up cocktail style meal. We can also suggest several romantic and unusual venues around Melbourne.
Our innovative menus are prepared to suit your tastes and budget. We will also assist with marquee hiring, decoration, staff, drinks and all those little extras that make your day easier. Contact Cantys Cater today to discuss your wedding catering Melbourne requirements.
Below are sample menus for buffet style and sit-down weddings. Contact us for more options.
The menu below is an example of a buffet lunch or dinner.
Other options include fork food menus, banquet menus – where food is served on platters for guests to share, and Dinner on your feet- several small dishes served in appropriate containers. Our full menus are available by email or by post in our beautiful brochure. Contact us with your details.
Seafood entre table:
- Smoked fishes platter – slices of smoked salmon and ocean trout, with onion rings, tiny capers and dill sprigs, with ryebread parsley sandwiches, lemon wedges and preserved lemon mayonnaise
- Thai prawn salad – with coconut, red and yellow peppers, mixed lettuces, mint and coriander with lime and chilli dressing
- Calamari and red pepper salad – a dish of braised tender calamari with gutsy flavours of red pepper and tomato
- Oyster platter with lemon and lime wedges
Main buffet table:
- Chicken breast stuffed under the skin with spinach, ricotta cheese, red pepper and onion, wrapped in prosciutto, baked and served in slices
- Pork fillet stuffed with almond filled prunes, roasted and served with mushroom demi-glace sauce
- Roasted fillet of beef served with green herb sauce
- Roasted potato cubes with garlic and rosemary
- Warm potato and spring and red onion salad with grilled prosciutto, and mustard dressing
- Baby green leaf salad with creamy Dijon mustard vinaigrette
- Asparagus spears or green beans dressed with a garland of sour cream, garnished with finely chopped egg and parsley
- Tomato, bocconcini cheese and basil salad with balsamic dressing
- Red pepper strips dressed with a roasted tomato sauce
- Coeur a la crme – heart-shaped sweet cream cheese moulds with fresh cherry or strawberry sauce
- Dried apricot and almond tarts
- Red berry salad with sweetened strawberry coulis
- Brightly decorated cup cakes
We enjoy designing menus to suit individual clients tastes and budgets, and this menu is an example of a sit-down dinner for 100 wedding guests.
- Leek and pear soup – a creamy leek soup with a touch of sweetness from the pear
- Atlantic salmon and dill pate with cucumber cream
- Basket of bread varieties including freshly baked dinner rolls, slices of rye bread
- Loin of lamb stuffed with a seasoning of preserved lemon, pistachio nuts and mint
- Individual potatoes Anna
- Rocket salad with parmesan flakes and vinaigrette
- Baked chicken breast on a bed of ratatouille – zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, peppers and olives
- Baby leaf salad with creamy mustard dressing
- Baked polenta
- Vegetarian option: Parmesan coated polenta wedges with peperonata sauce
- Fresh orange and Campari jellies with citrus and mint salad and sweetened cream
- Classic lemon tart with strawberry salad
Back to Menu